People using Autodesk Inventor in the recent past know the procedure for installing Autodesk Inventor. This article supports those who are installing Autodesk Inventor 2010 for the first time.
While, installing the software the following points need to be remembered and chosen appropriately
- Standard Installation – (Manual Install or Automatic Install)
- Create Deployments
- Install Tools and Utilities
- Read the Documents
Standard Installation – Install the product :
This section helps in installing Autodesk Inventor 2010, with following selection
- Type of Products to be installed
Additional information details mentioned below can be read by clicking on the link
- content center libraries
- Type of viewers such as Autodesk Design Review (ADR), DWG TrueView and Autodesk Inventor View
- What are the system requirement
- Select language for individual product ( English in most part of the world)
Now select the Country and click on I accept the Autodesk SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT, Worldwide
A – Installation
Enter the Serial Number and Product Code followed by Name and Organization.
Note: Enter 000- 00000000 as the serial number and 00000 as the product key if you have not yet purchased Autodesk Inventor and would like to try the tool for 30 day evaluation.
B – Installation
Now, you can select the product you wish to try since, you have not entered the product key.
C – Installation
Now, before you install, you can CONFIGURE and select the type of License (Network / Stand Alone), Units (mm / inch), Installation Location, Part Modification Enable, Drawing Standard, User Profile (Inventor Installation close to Default Inventor settings or related to AutoCAD)
A new theme option is made available, for Inventor users to select
- Cobalt Color Theme
- Amber Color Theme
D – Installation
Next > You can chose to select from Content Center Access Option
- Inventor Desktop Content
- Autodesk Vault Server
With reference to the Type of Installation, you can chose from Typical or Custom as shown below
E – Installation
Once you are through with most of the custom installation procedure, you will be prompted to connect to Internet to see if there are any further updates related to the product., if any or no updates are available, you will see a screen as shown below. After this, you are ready with installation, this process should complete within 15 – 20 minutes on an average computer.
F – Installation
Enjoy working with Inventor 2010.
Happy Inventing New stuff with Inventor
This helps in pre configuring the deployments, used to install in the client workstation, some of the check list to be follow are
- Make sure your network, servers, and client workstations meet the system requirements before installing Autodesk Inventor 2010
- type of license you have purchased
- Located your product serial number and product key
- Decided what language(s) you will include in your administrative image, and what language(s) you will use for your deployment package
- You have determined if your deployment plan involves using imaging software to distribute your program(s) to client workstations.
- Participate in the Customer Involvement Program.
- type of installation you’ll perform—typical or custom.
- checked for service packs that might be available for your product
- set up access and participation in features like the Customer Involvement Program, and Customer Error Reporting.
Are you making an (MSI) Administrative Image that will be used to deploy in the Client Workstation, if so, make sure you provide necessary patches and service packs
Further make sure, your deployments are located in Shared folders for both network license and multi-seat stand-alone methods of installation. The shared folder (network share) is created before you run the Installation wizard and is where product deployments are stored.
You must make sure, Read Permission is made available in the network sharing and administrative section.
For creating Network Sharing Folder :
Create a Network Share
- On the desktop of a network server, create a folder named Deployments.
- Right-click the Deployments folder and click Share and Security (or Sharing).
- In the <folder name> Properties dialog box, Sharing tab, select Share This Folder.
- Specify a Share Name, such as Deployments, if necessary.
- Click the Permissions button. In the Permissions dialog box make sure Full Control is active. Click OK.In Vista, right-click the Deployments folder and then click Share. In the Properties dialog box select Sharing and then Advanced Sharing to share the folder. Click the Permissions button to make sure Full Control is active. Click OK.These steps are important when creating your deployment images.
- Click OK or Close to close the Properties dialog box.
- For each product you plan to install, create a subfolder in the Deployments folder. Name each folder with the pertinent product name.
Installing Tools and Utilities:
This section is the most important one for those installing Autodesk Inventor 2010 using Network Installation or Stand Alone Multiple License Installation
Here products such as
- Autodesk Network License Manager
- Autodesk Inventor 2010 Network License Activation Utility
- Autodesk CAD Manager Tools
- SAMreport -Lite ( Click Here ) to know more about SAM Report Lite. A version of SAMreport called SAMreport-Lite is available to help you track network license usage. A handy tool for Network Administrators and CAD Managers
Read the Documentation:
This section helps you in mastering the various key points and procedure to be followed before installing Autodesk Inventor 2010.
The various materials available are
Inventor Installation Guide
Planning Your Installation
Content Center Install Guide
Content Center for Side-by-Side Installations of Inventor
Stand-Alone Licensing Guide
Network Licensing Guide
Network Administrator’s Guide
Inventor Network Installation Addendum
SAMreport-Lite User’s Guide
Enjoy working on Autodesk Inventor 2010.