Autodesk Inventor 2011 is LIVE . . .
Before we go ahead with a detailed study of the tool it is essential to know what are the system requirements for Autodesk Inventor 2011
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS AND IMPORTANT NOTE:
- Autodesk® Inventor® 2011 and AutoCAD® Mechanical 2011 software applications are each provided both as 32-bit applications and as 64-bit applications for installation and use on the corresponding operating system only. Autodesk® Vault Explorer 2011 is a 32-bit application for installation and use on either a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system.
- Autodesk Inventor/AutoCAD Mechanical design applications and Autodesk Vault must all be the same language on a given computer. English versions of these applications will run on any language operating system. Other language versions of these applications will run on operating systems of that same language.
- Autodesk Inventor 2011 has been optimized to take advantage of the SSE2 extended instruction sets supported on Pentium 4, AMD Athlon 64, and AMD Opteron processors. Inventor 2011 will not install on computers that do not support SSE2. Several utilities are available on the Internet that report CPUID, including supported instructions sets.
- Recommended minimum RAM for using Inventor Tooling is 3 GB. In addition, Autodesk recommends settings which allow Microsoft Windows to manage virtual memory, as needed. You should always have at least twice as much free hard disk space as system memory (RAM).
- Please refer to the Autodesk published graphics card information.
- Inventor 2011 is available only on DVD media (or electronic download in some situations). CD media is no longer available. A DVD-ROM drive is not required if installing via electronic download. However, you will need 15 GB of hard disk space to accommodate the installation files and temporary files created during the installation.
- The multimedia learning components of the Inventor Help system, such as the UI Video Tour, Command Reference, and Show Me animations, require Adobe® Flash® Player 10. If it is not already installed, you can download it from the Adobe website.
For General Part and Assembly Design (Typically Fewer than 1,000 Parts)
- Microsoft® Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit) Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate/Enterprise, or Microsoft® Windows Vista® (SP2) (32-bit or 64-bit) Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Enterprise, or Ultimate, or Microsoft® Windows XP Professional (SP3) or Professional x64 Edition (SP2) (1,2)
- Intel® Pentium® 4, 2 GHz or faster, Intel® Xeon®, Intel® Core™, AMD Athlon™ 64, or AMD Opteron™, or later (3)
- 2 GB RAM or more (4)
- Microsoft® Direct3D 10® or Direct3D 9® capable graphics card (5)
- DVD-ROM drive (6)
- Microsoft® Mouse-compliant pointing device
- 1280 x 1024 or higher screen resolution
- Internet connection for web downloads and Subscription Aware access
- Adobe Flash Player 10 (7)
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 6.x through 8
- Microsoft® Excel 2003 through 2007 for iComponents, thread customization, and spreadsheet-driven designs
For Complex Models, Complex Mold Assemblies, and Large Assemblies (Typically More than 1,000 Parts)
- Windows 7 64-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit (SP2), or Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (SP2)
- AMD64 or Intel® 64 processor
- 6 GB RAM or more
- CAD workstation-class graphics card
You can install Autodesk® Inventor® Professional software on a Mac® computer on a Windows partition. The system must use Boot Camp® to manage a dual OS configuration and meet the minimum system requirements.
- Mac OS® X 10.5.x
- Boot Camp V 2.0 or higher
- Intel-based Mac (64-bit Windows Vista requires an Intel Core™2 duo or Xeon processor)
- 3 GB RAM (Recommend 4 GB for 32-bit Windows OS, 8 GB or more for 64-bit Windows OS)
- 20 GB disk space for Apple OS partition or Windows OS partition
Mac Virtualization on Parallels Desktop
Autodesk Inventor Professional can be used on the Mac via Parallels Desktop for Mac without having to boot directly into the Windows OS, so it is easy to switch between platforms. The system must meet the following requirements:
- Mac OS X 10.5.x
- Parallels Desktop 4.0 (4.0.3844 or higher) or Desktop 5.0
- Intel based Mac (64-bit Windows Vista requires an Intel Core 2 duo or Xeon processor)
- Minimum 4 GB RAM (6 GB system memory for 32-bit Windows OS, 8 GB or more for 64-bit Windows OS recommended)
- Minimum 40 GB available disk space (100 GB recommended)
For more details, please read the Inventor for Mac FAQ.