Project File Version in Autodesk Inventor 2011
I wanted to share a piece of information about Autodesk Inventor 2011 . . .
Its all about File Versions in projects.
Each time you save an Autodesk Inventor file, the previous version of the file is stored in an OldVersions folder under the folder containing the file.
You can specify how many versions of each file are stored in the OldVersions folder.
- Expand Options.
- Select Old Versions To Keep On Save.
- Click the Edit selected item button (on the right-hand portion of the dialog box).
- Enter the number of versions to keep.
Once the specified number of saved versions is reached, subsequent saves eliminate the oldest version.
Old versions are formatted as follows:
- First save of existing file = file name.0001.extension.
- Second save of existing file = file name.0002.extension.
- Subsequent saves are named in a similar manner.
You can open an older version of a file as a read-only file. Alternatively, you can restore an old version as the current version of the file. Before the restoration of an old version, the file is saved as the most recent version in the OldVersions folder.