DesignACE 2010 contest – Season II
Barry Wehmiller International Resources in partnership with Autodesk is inviting applications from all Engineering Students (Manufacturing and Engineering Domain) of Kerala Tamilnadu, Pondicherry, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh to showcase their innovative design capabilities.
Second year in the running, the DesignACE contest is aimed at encouraging the confluence of engineering and designing skills of tomorrow’s engineers. The winners, in addition to cash prizes will be sponsored to participate in the Autodesk APAC Panorama Design Contest in KL, Malaysia this year.
There are loads of cash prizes and honors to be won!
- First Prize – Rs. 30000/- and a trip to Malaysia*
- Second Prize – Rs. 25000/-
- Third Prize – Rs. 20000/-
- Attractive Stipend paid internship with Barry Wehmiller International Resources
The Autodesk inventor CD’s along with the notification for the contest has been sent to all the colleges. Interested students can contact their HOD’s/Principal to collect the same or log on to www.bwir-designace.com and participate in this contest.
The students who meet the eligibility criteria (should have completed second year of course) can participate in DesignACE 2010 by submitting any Innovative Design with a short write-up for shortlisting procedure on or before August 16th.
The entries received will be judged on parameters of depth and clarity of thinking, innovation and design capability.
As part of the event, Free Autodesk Inventor Workshops for students will be conducted in Nodal Cities, details of which are available at the event website. For more information on the Contest, Workshops and Guidelines for the contest log on to: www.bwir-designace.com or call: 044-43909100.
PARTICIPATION AND SELECTION CRITERIA
- Teams to submit One Innovative Design with a short write-up on or before August 16th.
- 50 teams will be shortlisted for the second round to be held at the BWIR premises in Chennai. The shortlisted teams will be announced on the website by August 31st 2010
- If the 50 teams the final 10 teams will be selected on the basis of an on the spot evaluation. A real life problem statement will be given to each of the teams to come up with a solution in the second round.
- The top 10 teams will compete for the title at the grand finale to be held in Chennai on 19th September in the presence of eminent personalities in the field of Engineering Design.
- The 10 Finalist Teams will be called upon to the stage to present their solution to the business problem in front of eminent juries from the field of engineering design.
- On the same day, the winner will be announced along with brief seminar by the experts from the Design field.
The winners’ will win more than 3 lakhs worth of prizes, internships and above all valuable experience. For further details, please visit: www.bwir-designace.com
Notes to Editor
About Barry-Wehmiller International Resources
Barry-Wehmiller International Resources (BWIR) is a global solutions partner specializing in the creation, development and integration of the industry’s most advanced IT and engineering solutions. It is the consulting arm and a part of $1.2 billion U.S.-based Barry-Wehmiller Companies, Inc. With operations in St. Louis, Mo.; Detroit, Mich.; Chennai, India; and Mumbai, India, BWIR offers a winning combination of world-class, cost-effective services. As a leader in engineering domain, BWIR has also commenced, BWIR Academia Initiative Programme, a innovative industry-academia collaboration in an effort to encourage specialized IT and Engineering Talent in India.