What are Autodesk ASR files?
Files with the .ASR extension are the control files for the Autodesk local license manager (AdLM) of the 2010- and 2011-family products (and higher). You can find them in the subfolder ASR located in:
- Vista/Win7 – C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm\Asr
- Win XP – C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Adlm\Asr
These XML files (file quadruplets TL+FL+EX+EL) are named by the respective product name – e.g.:
- ACD201100F_TL_Adlm.asr + ACD201100F_FL_Adlm.asr + ACD201100F_FL_Adlm.asr + ACD201100F_EL_Adlm.asr
- ACDLT201100F_TL_Adlm.asr + ACDLT201100F_FL_Adlm.asr + ACDLT201100F_EX_Adlm.asr + ACDLT201100F_EL_Adlm.asr
- REVIT201000F_TL_Adlm.asr + REVIT201000F_FL_Adlm.asr + REVIT201000F_EX_Adlm.asr + REVIT201000F_EL_Adlm.asr
These files are managed by the licensing and activation processes of Autodesk’s products – do not edit them manually.