Inventor Optimization now worldwide
I download the first release of Inventor optimization and found it would be developed one day to a much better features and options. Today we have Inventor Optimization TP4 available for download worldwide
The Inventor Optimization Technology Preview allows designers and engineers that use Autodesk Inventor to optimize their designs. It is a simple, web-based simulation tool to help an engineer minimize weight and cost while improving product safety.
The Technology Preview offers Inventor users the ability to:
- Optimize Designs with Ease – An intuitive interface allows for quick and easy simulation set-up so any Inventor user can reduce weight and material used while improving product quality and safety.
- Work in Parallel – While the software is performing multiple simulations “behind the scenes” in the cloud, the designer or engineer can continue to do other work on his or her desktop. When the design optimization is complete, the technology preview’s job monitor automatically notifies the user through multiple communication channels.
- Tap into Unrivaled Performance – Offloading simulation to the cloud helps unleash the true power of simulation by enabling users to simulate many different design configurations in parallel, to access sufficient memory and the overall capacity required to perform simulations in less time.
Enhancements in this release include:
- The compression algorithm for communicating data with the cloud now uses fewer resources.
- The animate feature is faster and consumes less memory.
- Mobile users can shutdown Inventor or even the machine after starting an optimization. Once the optimization is complete, just open the document, enter the optimization environment, and the results will be waiting for you.
I would like to see this tool shape something similar to Altair Optistruct, then it would be a tool of the future for Automobile Engineers and Design Engineers.