Free Certification at AU 2010
Do You Have What It Takes to Become Autodesk Certified?
Autodesk wants to help you achieve your goals. That’s why we are offering free Certification exams at AU this year. But, offering free exams is not enough. It’s also important to equip you with the tools you need to succeed.
Take a Free* Assessment Test
Even those with many years of experience can find it challenging to achieve Autodesk Certification. Taking an assessment test before the certification exam helps you evaluate your strengths and weaknesses. And since it’s free exclusively for AU attendees, what do you have to lose?
Go to the Autodesk Online Testing System and use the following promo code for a free assessment test (see detailed instructions below.)
- AutoCAD®: FREE2011ACAD
- AutoCAD® Civil 3D®: FREE2011Civil
- Autodesk® Inventor®: FREE2011Inv
- Autodesk® Revit® Architecture: FREE2011Revit
- Autodesk® 3ds Max®: FREE20113ds
Sample Questions from the AutoCAD Assessment Test
Check your responses against the answers below.
|1.||If you need to use one or more object snaps repeatedly, you can turn on:|
|2.||To erase multiple objects in your drawing, you could pick the objects by using various methods such as window, windows polygon, crossing polygon, or fence. These methods for selecting objects are commonly referred to as:|
|3.||The organization of the objects in a drawing can be based on function, appearance, or drafting standards. During the design process, you may need to turn off or freeze some grouped objects. What AutoCAD tool would you use to logically organize and manage the objects in groups and to assign linetype, color, and linewidth standards to your drawing?|
|4.||When you create several new drawings for a new project that use the same conventions, standards, and default settings, you can save time by creating a common standard startup file. This file is called a:|
Prepare to Succeed
- Take an Assessment Test
- Get advice from your peers on the Certification testimonial site.
- Read the comprehensive Exam Preparation Road Maps.
- Save 40 percent on Autodesk Certification Preparation books and more from Sybex, including all Autodesk Official Training Guides. Offer ends November 30, 2010. (North America only)
- Sign up for AU Certification Prep Classes.
- Contact your local Authorized Training Center (ATC®).
How to Access Your Free Assessment Test
- 1. Go to: http://autodesk.starttest.com
- 2. Click: Purchase Exams, Professional Products in the navigation bar.
- 3. Select the assessment you would like to take.
- 4. Enter above Promo code in the promo code box and the test will be free.
- 5. Complete the purchasing process and click “Start Online” to start your test.
- Certification Highlights at AU 2010
- Certification Lab Hours at AU
- Learn More about Autodesk Certification
- Check out the Why Certify video
Answer Key: 1 – D, 2 – A, 3 – D, 4 – C
* Assessment Tests available for free while supplies last. If you are outside of North America and would like to take the free assessment test please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Autodesk, AutoCAD, ATC, Autodesk Inventor, Civil 3D, Inventor, Revit, and 3ds Max are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Autodesk reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document. © 2010 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.