Inventor Fusion Technology Preview 4
The Autodesk® Inventor® Fusion Technology Preview showcases intuitive direct manipulation capabilities for unrivaled ease of use, provides direct modeling for rapid design changes without limitations, and unites direct and parametric workflows within a single digital model created in Autodesk Inventor. This updated technology preview of Inventor Fusion offers two new exciting capabilities:
- Surfacing support! Users can now work seamlessly between solids and surfaces, expanding their confidence and capabilities to tackle design changes. By enhancing the existing translators to read surface data and adding new parasolid, Rhino, IGES and AliasDesign .wire file import capabilities user have access to an even larger number of design formats.
- Simplification wizard. Simulation users now have one button simplification of designs. This makes simplifying common geometry fast and easy and ensures that mesh and solves times are as fast as possible.
- Ease of use improvements. New marking menus, sketch ease of use and modeling ease of use, make this release of Inventor Fusion the easiest to use yet. Did we mention it was easy?
The Inventor Fusion Technology Preview is fully interoperable with AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor software, enabling customers to choose the modeling approach that is right for the task at hand.
Some of the changes in technology preview 4 include:
- New Sketch Offset command
- Implicit sketch creation simplifies sketching on model faces and origin planes.
- Copy and Paste AutoCAD data into a sketch
- Sketch Trim and extend UI improved
- Support for AutoCAD style sketch interactions like x y coordinate input have been improved, simplifying the inputs for sketching. For example rectangle now uses height and width, not absolute x and y coordinates.
- Improved display of Sketch entities and sketch points.
- Simplify modeling by removing multiple body support. Multi-component modeling can support all the same workflows as multi-body
- New Rib Feature
- Interactive modeling performance improvement. On large models this can be 5x faster.
- Re-Chamfer. Chamfer created or recognized in Fusion will recalculate on change like fillets.
- Extrude and Revolve terminations. Including distance, to and through all.
- New workplane type: by two axis.
- New workpoint type: by circular edge and sphere
- Improved mid plane work plane, now accepts non-parallel faces.
- New ability to move and rotate edges
- 3D Move command previews manipulator position allowing better placement control
- Revolve command now snaps in 30 degree increments and allows easier graphics selection of full revolve
- Press pull improvements to make the command smoother and better for quick idea generation ( uses the new dimension toggle on status bar to switch between conceptual mode and precise mode)
- Surfaces Creation For Extrude, Revolve, Sweep and Loft
- Surface Patch with boundary continuity control
- Surface Extend (also supports perpendicular extension)
- Thicken Surface
- Split Surface
- Offset Surface
- Trim surface
- Replace solid face with surface
- Stitch Surface with adjustable tolerance. Real-time preview of edge tolerance results (red bad, green good)
- Flip surface normal
- Move internal face loops
- Delete face without heal, makes a solid into a surface
- Solid mode/surface mode toggle simplifies UI
- Pattern along path
- When a hole is positioned to a circular edge you can now drag the hole and precisely position it with a distance from the center of the referenced center and snap along orthogonal alignments
- Model Simplification wizard
- During drag of a face you can now drag over targets and the preview will snap.
- Double click to select a component
- New environment background type and improved default background colors
- Improved look of origin work planes
- New Simpler Materials UI featuring unified physical and visual material chooser and direct manipulation UI.
- Surface specific display style. Positive as material negative in yellow
- New “Realistic” Display style removes surface specialized display
- Automatic Anti-aliasing using multi-threaded rendering
- shift + middle mouse button rotate performance improvements
- Components that have children now change their icon to represent that they are sub assemblies
- New menu on browser light bulb icon, consolidates all visibility tools under this new menu.
- Added new visibility command to make all children visible
- Removed atomic assembly constraint command and replaced with assemble command.
- Constraint based drag (select EDGE and drag in an assembly)
- Improved in canvas text legibility
- Improved Browser Icon legibility
- New marking menu with improved company consistent layout
- Improved Ribbon layout
- New Welcome screen
- New Info center
- Crtl+0 Hides all UI, Crtl+1 restores UI
- Shift range selection in browser
- Depression and Protrusion feature selection type (also supported as keyword search criteria)
- Select Filters
- Improved select other, simplified UI, includes breadcrumbs, allows mouse wheel scroll over select other glyph to shortcut to select by depth
- Vertex Selection
- Selection based in canvas contextual command glyph. Puts frequent commands right in the canvas for selection.
- New selection manager helps users through selection tasks
- IGES import translator
- Rhino Translator
- Alias .wire translator
- Parasolids neutral translators
- Backup (.bak) file created when DWG is saved. Works just like AutoCAD.
- Application startup 40% faster
- Official x64 version
- Publish as Image
The technology preview executable expires on April 1, 2012.